Followers

Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Angelina Jolie shows directorial debut, says Afghanistan is next

BERLIN (AFP) - Angelina Jolie says it was only natural that her directorial debut should tackle some of the toughest issues facing humanity and after wartime Bosnia, Afghanistan is likely to be her next subject.

At the Berlin film festival to present her unflinching drama about rape as a weapon of war, In the Land of Blood and Honey, the Hollywood icon-cum-humanitarian told AFP that her turn behind the camera was aimed at using cinema as a force for reconciliation.
'I've written a lot of journals while travelling over 10 years in the conflicts around the world and being frustrated by the lack of intervention,' said the 36-year-old Oscar-winning actress.
'So I went to the region and started to really look at the Bosnian war, but I couldn't really understand or figure it out, and I felt this is my generation this happened to so I should know this. So I gave myself some education,' Jolie said.

No comments: